Summer is upon us! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To boost your comfort and really relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Heflin is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Bain Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc always recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner running this season.
- First, another time to cite the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter routinely! Replace your air filter per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold season. Starting your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can seriously damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s performance. cut the grass, remove any debris and remove overgrowth that blocks your unit before you start it this summer. Be sure to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it clear and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you want it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These simple steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you would like to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Bain Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc in Heflin at 256-270-1196 today.