Having standard air conditioning service performed at least yearly can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at top efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Heflin season, have the specialists at Bain Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc perform your annual air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a proper air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, reclaim any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than illicitly freeing it to the atmosphere.
- Check for proper airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to ensure proper sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to operate at top efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it regularly. We advise taking a look at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual influences in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Bain Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc today at 256-270-1196.