During the colder Heflin months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it happens, a simple call to Bain Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got some indicators you should monitor for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Bain Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc ASAP if you see any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not big enough for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your energy bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Bain Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It may be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Bain Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc at 256-270-1196 or book an appointment with us online.