As warmer weather starts, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Heflin? Especially if your cooling system is newer or was running well last year.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never expect to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same applies for your AC. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving parts can fail.
Having your equipment checked annually by a Bain Heating & Air Conditioning expert can help spot minor issues before they become large malfunctions. (And cause your AC to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your AC is placed outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can greatly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service complicated internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate in your equipment can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these troubles can lead to higher energy use—and a more expensive cooling bill!
- It could lengthen your unit’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and might even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy costs and over the years, because you won’t have to install new equipment as soon.
- It helps pinpoint little problems before they turn into big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly examine pieces and complete a cycle of cooling performance verifications. These in-depth procedures often allow us to locate problems before they turn into major troubles that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free operation throughout the season. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your equipment is ready to provide worry-free air. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this tune-up, your equipment is open to early breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC maintenance should have an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll do:
We’ll examine the subsequent areas and pieces:
- Total equipment order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the services we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lubricate moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Service Immediately with Bain Heating & Air Conditioning
Today is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Bain Heating & Air Conditioning pros a call at 256-270-1196 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we visit your home, don’t forget to browse our special offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.