With warmer temperatures nearby, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at top efficiency, it can save a large amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could dramatically increase your costs and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Bain Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc professional complete air conditioning service
at least each year is crucial to keeping your system working efficiently for a long time. He or she can be sure the unit is operating properly and can identify possible concerns prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during winter. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may damage your system and require large repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area around your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they might inhibit airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any piece of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or replaced during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them every month and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has unique needs when it comes to air filter replacement, varying on factors like owning house pets or doing home construction during the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also ensure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you maintain a comfy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to ensure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer has in store. Give the pros at Bain Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc a call at 256-270-1196.