It isn’t far off to say that we’re never far from our smartphones. Whether it is email, looking for the latest sports scores or perusing Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be taken advantage of for simple conveniences like realizing when you need air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These permit you to control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and don’t turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and update the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically switch the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or not.
Smart thermostats have been talked about quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to evolve, they will more than likely become even more common. And why not? They do offer a variety of perks and allow you to have the greatest control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they recognize your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re not so that you can get the best savings possible. Smart thermostats make sure that your comfort is always a peak priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you love to know when it’s time to change your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to arrange air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can trust your system to inform you when there is an issue or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are created for easy integration across many different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can choose the ideal one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to evolve like most pieces of technology, but they already provide a number of perks that can help improve your comfort, potentially decrease your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to schedule air conditioner service. Bain Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc in Heflin has a number of thermostats to choose from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 256-270-1196.