Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Heflin during the winter time, when they’re required to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Bain Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc will constantly be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is needed and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to check if it switches on.
- If everything looks right, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Bain Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc at 256-270-1196 and we’ll get your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.